Common Department Forms

Share & Bookmark, Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option
Click on the form names below to open a PDF in a new browser window. Each form can be completed prior to being printed out. 

Alarm Permit Registration - Jamestown Town Ordinance requires that all burglar and fire alarms be registered with the Jamestown Police Department. If you are having an alarm installed at your residence or business, or you already have an alarm that you have not yet registered please complete this form and submit it to the Jamestown Police Department as soon as possible. Town Ordinance requires that you have a local caretaker listed on file with us that we may contact if your alarm goes off and we cannot reach you.

Fraudulent / Insufficient Funds Check Complaint - If you have received a fraudulent check or a check returned unpaid due to insufficient funds there are steps you are required to take before you can file a criminal complaint with the Jamestown Police. Please download, review, and complete this form prior to contacting the police about your complaint.

Credit Card Fraud - If you wish to report fraudulent charges made to your credit card please download and complete this form prior to reporting the incident to the Jamestown Police. Please bring this form along with copies of your credit card statement showing the fraudulent charges to the police station to file your report.

Harassing Phone Calls - This form is used for reporting harassing phone call incidents. Please download and complete this form prior to reporting harassing phone calls to the Jamestown Police.

Request a Detail Officer - This form is used for requesting a detail officer. Page 1 explains the wages and benefits Jamestown Police Officers are entitled to. Please complete Page 2 and either fax or hand deliver it to the police station.

Police Public Records Request - Use this form for requesting copies of public information from the police department.

Home Security Check Request - Use this form to request police officers check your residence while you are away on vacation.

Charitable Gaming Permit - If you would like to hold a game of chance for a charitable cause, please file for a charitable gaming permit with the Rhode Island State Police.

Complaint Form - This form is for filing a general complaint or to report an incident. If you need immediate police assistance please call 401-423-1212, or 911 for emergencies.

Parking Restriction Waiver Request - Residents may request relief of certain parking restrictions for a limited period of time in order to accommodate special parking needs near their home. Requests must be filed at least 48 hours in advance.

Alzheimer / Dementia Alert Form - The Jamestown Police Department maintains a list of residents who suffer from Alzheimer's and dementia in order to assist us in responding to incidents involving these individuals. If you or a family member suffer from Alzheimer's or dementia please fill out this form, and return it to the Jamestown Police. 

Special Needs Child Registry - The Jamestown Police Department maintains a list of special needs children who reside in the Town to assist us when responding to incidents involving these children. Residents with special needs children are encouraged to complete this form, and return it to the Jamestown Police so that we may be better prepared when you request our assistance.