Micro Enterprise Business Grants
The Rhode Island Office of Housing & Community Development (OHCD) has made Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funding available for grants of up to $5,000 to qualifying small (Micro) businesses owned by low or moderate income individuals. Applicants may use the grant funds for working capital to cover business operating expenses such as: rent, staffing and utilities. Funds cannot be used for major equipment purchases, buying land or buildings, construction or expansion activities, or political lobbying.
The application process for this grant program will be run through the Jamestown Planning Department. All applications and supporting documentation must be filed with the Planning Department for review.
Scroll down through the fives easy steps below to learn more and apply. The program’s basic eligibility criteria and exclusions are described below and application materials are provided in the links below. If you have questions please feel free to contact Town Planner, Lisa Bryer in the Planning Department by phone at (401) 423-7209 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: If you find yourself disqualified due to the eligibility criteria, please let us know and we will relay the information to the state. This information could be used to tailor future relief programs.
Step 1: Determining Eligibility and Understanding the Process
If you determine that your business qualifies, please proceed to "Step 2: Preparing an Application".
Step 2: Preparing an Application
- 1microe-app-rev (7 pages)
- 2microe-app-checklist (1 page)
- 3microe-conflict-form (2 pages)
- 4microe-certification-form-rev (2 pages)
- 5microe-consent-release-form (2 pages)
- 6microe-income-self-cert-form (2 pages)
- IRS W-9 Form (6 pages) and instructions IRS W-9 Form Instructions (4 pages)
Step 3: Scheduling and Receiving a Phone Screening
- Monday through Friday from 9:00 AM thru 12:00 PM
Step 4: Submitting Your Application for Third-Party Review
- Scanner or photocopier
- Secure email (remember - the application you send will contain personal/private financial information)
Step 5: Getting Approved and Receiving Your Award
- Lisa Bryer, Town Planner - email@example.com
- Jamie Hainsworth, Town Administrator - firstname.lastname@example.org