Vital Records are birth, death, marriage, and civil union documents. They are legal documents that contain information about the vital events of people in Jamestown. Certified copies of vital records are used for many purposes, such as to establish proof of age, receive social security benefits, and receive death benefits from life insurance policies.
- SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT: Please call 401-423-7282 to schedule an appointment. Appointments are being set Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 4:00 pm for couples applying for Marriage Licenses.
- BEFORE YOUR APPOINTMENT: Please complete and return the following via email to Denise Gamon at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- MARRIAGE WORKSHEET
- Scanned copies of your birth certificates and driver’s licenses/government-issued identification
- On the day of your appointment please bring original copies of your certified birth certificates with a raised seal and driver's license/government-issued identification.
- MARRIED PREVIOUSLY? If either of you has been married previously certified copies of your divorce decree(s) and/or death certificate(s) are required
- NEED A CERTIFIED COPY OF MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE? If so, you must request and pay for a copy(s). This can be done at the time of applying for the marriage license and/or anytime after the marriage has taken place. Copies are not automatically mailed to you.
Request a Copy of Birth, Death, or Marriage Certificate
Please visit the RI Department of Health/Vital Records to request a copy of Birth, Death, or Marriage Certificates
In the event of an error on a vital record, contact the State Office of Vital Records for information on how to make record corrections and required documentation.
State Office of Vital Records Contact Information:
Roseanne Giorgianni, Chief, State Registrar's Office
Office of Vital Records
Three Capitol Hill, Room 101, Providence, RI 02908
Forms and other helpful links are below: